Single-Use Technology in Biopharmaceutical Manufacture (eBook)
by Regine Eibl, Dieter Eibl (Author)
- 368 Pages
Authoritative guide to the principles, characteristics, engineering aspects, economics, and applications of disposables in the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals
The revised and updated second edition of Single-Use Technology in Biopharmaceutical Manufacture offers a comprehensive examination of the most-commonly used disposables in the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals. The authors—noted experts on the topic—provide the essential information on the principles, characteristics, engineering aspects, economics, and applications.
This authoritative guide contains the basic knowledge and information about disposable equipment. The author also discusses biopharmaceuticals’ applications through the lens of case studies that clearly illustrate the role of manufacturing, quality assurance, and environmental influences. This updated second edition revises existing information with recent developments that have taken place since the first edition was published. The book also presents the latest advances in the field of single-use technology and explores topics including applying single-use devices for microorganisms, human mesenchymal stem cells, and T-cells. This important book:
• Contains an updated and end-to-end view of the development and manufacturing of single-use biologics
• Helps in the identification of appropriate disposables and relevant vendors
• Offers illustrative case studies that examine manufacturing, quality assurance, and environmental influences
• Includes updated coverage on cross-functional/transversal dependencies, significant improvements made by suppliers, and the successful application of the single-use technologies
Written for biopharmaceutical manufacturers, process developers, and biological and chemical engineers, Single-Use Technology in Biopharmaceutical Manufacture, 2nd Edition provides the information needed for professionals to come to an easier decision for or against disposable alternatives and to choose the appropriate system.
- Released: August 12, 2019
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wiley
- ISBN-13: 9781119477785