Advanced Practice in Healthcare (eBook)
by Paula McGee, chris inman (Author)
- 312 Pages
The definitive resource for advanced practice within nursing and the allied health professions—revised, expanded, and updated throughout.
Advanced practice is an established and continuously evolving part of healthcare workforces around the world as a level of practice beyond initial registration. Advanced practitioners are equipped to improve health, prevent disease, and provide treatment and care for patients in a diverse range of settings.
This comprehensively revised fourth edition emphasises the importance of practice in advanced healthcare, presenting a critical examination of advanced practice roles in nursing and allied health professions through a series of learning features designed to facilitate the development of vital knowledge and skills.
Advanced Practice in Healthcare presents:
- International developments in advanced practice as a global response to the need to modernise services, reduce costs and increase access to healthcare services
- Country-specific examples of advanced practitioners’ roles in delivering patient care in diverse settings
- The impact of advanced practice in nursing and the allied health professions
- Controversial issues including prescribing, regulation and credentialing, and the interface with medical practice
- Ethical and legal dimensions of advanced practice
- The preparation of advanced practitioners
Advanced Practice in Healthcare is an essential resource for all students, practitioners, managers and researchers of advanced practice in healthcare.
- Released: June 12, 2019
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wiley
- ISBN-13: 9781119439127