Rain Boy (eBook)
by dylan glynn (Author)
- 40 Pages
A heartfelt picture book about differences, acceptance, and loving yourself for who you are.
Wherever he goes, Rain Boy brings wet—which means he's not very popular. Sun Kidd brings sunshine everywhere she goes, so everyone loves her. Only Sun Kidd sees what's special about Rain Boy. But when she invites him to her birthday party, disaster strikes, and Rain Boy storms. Now the world is nothing but rain. Will the other kids ever love Rain Boy for being himself? And. more importantly, can Rain Boy learn to love his rain? Debut author and illustrator Dylan Glynn's colorful and evocative illustrations color this book with all the emotions of the rainbow in this universal story of reaching out to those who look different from you, making new friends, and learning to love yourself.
• Important lessons on acceptance, bullying, self-reliance and empathy told in a beautifully illustrated, accessible story
• A great read-aloud book for families of children struggling to fit in and find their self-confidence
• Perfect book for educators, caregivers, and librarians to help with lessons on bullying, kindness, LGBQT themes, and friendship
Fans of One, The Big Umbrella, and Be Kind will find Rain Boy's striking artwork and positive message an important addition to their bookshelf.
• Read-aloud books for kids age 3–5
• Kindness books for kids
Dylan Glynn studied animation at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, and La Poudrière in Valence, France. Dylan's work has been recognized by and exhibited in Society of Illustrators, American Illustration, Somerset House, and the Canadian Screen Awards. He is based in Toronto.
- Released: April 21, 2020
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chronicle Books LLC
- ISBN-10: 1452176248
- ISBN-13: 9781452176246