Lead From the Start (eBook)
by tommy reddicks, tina merriweather seymour (Author)
- 216 Pages
Whether you are a brand-new principal or an experienced leader in a new job, Lead From the Start will help you succeed in your role. Written by Tommy Reddicks and Tina Merriweather Seymour--veteran school leaders with decades of firsthand experience--this book details how to quickly develop best practices and systems that ensure better outcomes for your students, staff, and school. Numerous personal accounts, opportunities for reflection, and discussion questions are included throughout the resource.
Use this resource to improve your leadership skills and gain firsthand knowledge from educators like you:
- Develop an understanding of educational leadership as a skill that can be cultivated and improved.
- Study the greatest challenges that leaders face in the first few years in a new position and why success in these years is necessary for continued success.
- Study experience-backed lessons, strategies, and best practices that will improve your leadership skills and expand your management styles.
- Develop your own system of leadership that will empower you to overcome your school’s unique challenges and improve family and community engagement.
Chapter 1: Understand the Setting
Chapter 2: Prepare for Opening Day
Chapter 3: Build Educational Relationships
Chapter 4: Manage the Operation
Chapter 5: Codify Schoolwide Behavior Management
Chapter 6: Develop Academic Systems
Chapter 7: Manage Your Staff
Chapter 8: Administer Your Budget
References and Resources
- Released: December 6, 2019
- Language: English
- Publisher: Solution Tree Press
- ISBN-10: 1949539369
- ISBN-13: 9781949539363