Come Rain or Shine (eBook)
by Storm Dunlop (Author)
- 208 Pages
Read on to discover…
• The truth about upside-down rainbows.
• The pioneers of meteorology – their instruments and inventions.
• How to win a balloon race.
• The largest raindrops ever recorded.
• ‘Watermelon snow’, ‘thundersnow’ and ‘weather bombs’.
• The ten main types of cloud and the different features of lightning.
The weather is a subject that the British simply cannot leave alone, and for good reason – it’s likely that for more than half the year they will experience at least three seasons in one day, so there’s always plenty to talk about.
This charming miscellany, as wide-ranging and unpredictable as the weather itself, is filled with curious historical facts, amazing statistics and fascinating anecdotes that will keep you entertained come rain or shine!
- Released: July 9, 2015
- Language: English
- Publisher: Summersdale Publishers Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781783725458