Mastering the Hire (eBook)
by chaka booker (Author)
- 224 Pages
Research shows you have a 50% chance of hiring the right employee . . . and a 50% chance of hiring the wrong one. It's a toss up, but it doesn't have to be.
Mis-hires siphon your energy and erode team culture. Replacing them is stressful and can cost over $40,000 per re-hire. With the right tools, all of that can be avoided, and you can consistently make great hires.
After years of scientific research and first-hand interview experience with thousands of candidates, Chaka Booker has created a system that helps employers consistently make great hires.
Mastering the Hire provides 12 proven strategies that have been used to accurately identify the right talent 90% of the time. Whether hiring manager, business owner, CEO, search consultant, team manager, team member, novice or expert interviewer, Chaka's method is for anyone who wants to beat the hiring odds.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to manage your intuition: when to trust it and when to put it aside.
- Question design principles: structuring questions so candidates are influenced to tell the truth.
- The power of pressure: when to apply or release pressure and how to control the hidden internal pressure that leads to poor decisions.
- To identify key competencies: the four competencies you must always interview for and techniques to accurately assess them.
- Tools for removing bias: tomorrow's talent doesn't fit yesterday's mold and is often overlooked.
- To reimagine the hiring process: resume reviews, phone interviews, and in-person interviews will get a much-needed revamp with innovative twists on each.
The interview is the cornerstone of the hiring process, yet science has shown the odds aren't in your favor. Mastering the Hire provides strategies that will dramatically improve the one decision that determines everything you can accomplish--who you hire.
- Released: March 24, 2020
- Language: English
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- ISBN-10: 1400216419
- ISBN-13: 9781400216413