Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism (eBook)
by John P. Bilezikian (Author)
- 1,136 Pages
The authoritative reference to bone diseases and disorders of mineral metabolism, revised and updated
Now in its ninth edition, The Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism offers an updated and comprehensive guide to bone and mineral health. Since it was first published 30 years ago, the Primer has become the leading reference on the topic. With contributions from noted experts, the text explores basic biological factors of healthy development and disease states and makes the information accessible for clinical interventions. The ninth edition provides concise coverage of the widest possible spectrum of metabolic bone diseases and disorders of mineral metabolism.
The new edition of this invaluable reference expands coverage and includes the most recent developments in the field that help to strengthen its usefulness and ensure that the Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism maintains its place as the pre-eminent reference on bone and mineral health. This vital resource:
- Provides the most accurate, up-to-date evidence-based information on basic and clinical bone science
- Includes more than 10 new chapters and contributions from 300 authors from wide-ranging international research centers
- Captures the very cutting edge of research covering mineral homeostasis, osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases, skeletal measurement technologies, and genetics
- Presents a new companion website with useful supplementary materials at www.asbmrprimer.com
Written for advanced students, clinicians, and researchers working in the field of bone health and disease, Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism is the definitive, one-stop reference for anyone working in the field of bone health and disease.
- Released: September 25, 2018
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wiley
- ISBN-13: 9781119266570