The Netflix Story (eBook)
by charlie wetzel, stephanie wetzel (Author)
- 144 Pages
What can you learn from the most successful companies in the world? The Netflix Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that turned a mail-order DVD startup into a streaming media and studio disruptor that revolutionized the entertainment industry.
Just twenty years ago, if you wanted to watch an in-home movie, you had two choices: buy the VHS or DVD, or rent it from the local video store. Today, you don’t even need to leave the sofa . . . unless the remote is across the room, and you don’t have voice control set up yet.
A lot has happened in that short period of time. In this book, readers will:
- Learn how Netflix entered a crowded marketplace with a now infamous red envelope.
- Get the backstory of the infamous Blockbuster takedown.
- Understand the “bet the company” shift Netflix made from the largest USPS customer to the largest user of internet streaming traffic in one year.
- Discover how the company rebounded from their near demise in 2011.
- Learn how the company has flourished as an original content provider and movie studio, and how they, along with new competitors Amazon Prime and Hulu, are completely changing the entertainment we consume.
This book teaches business owners and innovators what they need to know to launch, recover, survive, and thrive in a crowded marketplace.
- Released: May 26, 2020
- Language: English
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- ISBN-10: 1400216184
- ISBN-13: 9781400216185